Collective: 7 crucial tips to a successful Trade Show display
What does it take to ensure the best return on your trade show investment?
Too many business’ spend the money on getting a stand at a trade show but don’t spend the time to make sure it works. Here are 7 crucial tips to maximise your effectiveness at your next trade show.
- First and foremost, have a clear objective. Exactly what are your trying to achieve?
- Brand awareness
- Collecting contact names for your database/newsletter
- Engaging with a few key people
- Launching a new product
- Attracting a new audience
- Unless this is clear, you have no way of planning how to exhibit or how to measure the success
- Pre-promote your involvement in the trade show. Use social media in the lead up to the event and invite your audience to the show. Target specific people by sending a personalised invitation to come a visit you at the stand.
- Keep your communication message simple. Don’t try to promote everything you do to everyone. Remember niche marketing – target your message based on who you want to attract and what your key purpose is. Even if that means only focusing on one of your products/services
- Engage with your audience – attract attention and think about how you will engage. Provide samples, case studies, a video, start a quiz/survey, interactive game, free food etc. This can also help in qualifying visitors to ensure you spend time with the right people
- Make sure you have qualified, professional and enthusiastic staff who know your business manning the stand. Stay away from promo chicks – this only attracts the mass crowds and not necessarily your target audience who are interested in your business.
- Giveaways – these can be fun and attract visitors, however make sure that your freebies are relevant and branded.
- Follow up. Don’t spend the time and money on a trade show if you’re not prepared to follow up. Have a follow up strategy planned. This could be a letter, brochure, phone call, invitation, email etc. Strike whilst the irons hot.